The army you send into PvP combat are derived of units that originate from either Standard Buildings and Premium Buildings, with their relative stats determined by the tier level of the building housing them. The seven units available in PvP are:
- Camel Rider
*NOT VERY MILITIA-IOUS
While Militia (Outpost) can be used in the Cryptopian Warzone mini-game, these are unskilled soldiers, do not have a unit type (see below) and will be outmatched against any other troop in combat. These should be used to bolster numbers only, and not form part of any core strategy.
Units are designated one of three types, which dictates their relative strengths and weaknesses, as well as defining some unique characteristics. The three types are close, mounted, and ranged.
These are the melee-type troops that move short distances per turn. They are ideal for defending archers and mages with, especially against mounted troops. Also, the size of their weapons gives them a slight attack range bonus compared to cavaliers and camel riders.
These are the mounted troops that through the use of a horse/camel, can traverse the largest distance per turn. They are ideal for finishing off troops with low numbers or for flanking with. They can move over twice the distance of a ranged unit per turn.
These are the ranged troops that attack from a large distance. They are ideal for defence, particularly if the opposing player is aggressive and charges you during PvP. They easily have the longest range of any troop type, however are also the slowest unit.
THE PREMIUM STANDARD
Premium troops have many advantages over their standard-troop counterparts:
- Generate more $D when provided resources than standard troops/buildings
- Situational advantages during world boss fights in Defend Cryptopia!
- Stronger than standard troops in the Cryptopian Warzone
- Limited edition (unavailable after launch)
All troops receive bonuses against another type, gaining both an attack bonus when striking, and a defence bonus when being attacked by those troops. Similarly, all troops are susceptible to another type, receiving additional damage when attacked, and dealing reduced damage when striking those troops.
- Ranged Troops use their superior range to deal bonus damage to close troops. Unlike close troops that are slowed by their equipment, ranged troops can somewhat evade their melee strikes as they do not have the restrictions of heavy armour to burden them.
- Mounted Troops use their superior speed to quickly advance on ranged units, striking them down with ease once they reach them. Because ranged troops need to have pinpoint accuracy, the superior speed of mounted troops allow them to dodge their attacks easily.
- Close Troops use their superior strength to deal bonus damage to mounted units, as them being larger targets, allows for close troops to maximize the effectiveness of their blows. Because of their heavy shields and armour, they are very-well protected against the quick skirmish-attacks of mounted troops.
With the exception of militia, troops have a 'unit type' which confers strengths and weaknesses against other types
LORE IS MORE
To learn about the backstories of each unit, visit the Standard Buildings section of the CryptoVillages whitepaper for Guardsmen, Cavaliers and Archers, and the Premium Buildings section for Knights, Camel Riders and Mages.